[mythtv-users] scan for changes

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Mar 26 20:11:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On 3/26/2012 13:51, Tom Lichti wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>
>>  wrote:

>>> If you have some script set up to automate much of this process, I would
>>> actually consider it better to have that script add the video itself.
>>>  Tacking this onto the end of the script should perform the same process
>>> as
>>> the scanner would, only selectively.
>>>

>>> from MythTV import Video, VideoGrabber
>>> vid = Video.fromFilename(<filename relative to SG root>)
>>> vid.create()
>>> ## if movie
>>> grab = VideoGrabber('movie')
>>> res = grab.sortedSearch(vid.title)
>>> if (len(res) == 1) or ((len(res)>  1) and (res[0].levenshtein == 0)):
>>>    vid.importMetadata(res[0])
>>> ## if television
>>> grab = VideoGrabber('television')
>>> res = grab.sortedSearch(vid.title, vid.subtitle)
>>> if (len(res) == 1) or ((len(res)>  1) and (res[0].levenshtein == 0)):
>>>    vid.importMetadata(grab.grabInetref(res[0].inetref, res[0].season,
>>> res[0].episode))
>>
>> That looks like a neat way to do it. Is there a corresponding
>> recording function? Right now I have a hand crafted script that copies
>> records from videos into recordings, but having an easier way of doing
>> it would be nice. Or perhaps a better question would be is there
>> documentation about what methods are available in the bindings? I know
>> I've tried to look and haven't had much success in the past, maybe
>> things have changed, or I just wasn't looking in the right place?
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python_bindings
>
> There is a similar 'importMetadata()' method for Recorded objects, matching
> one recording entry in the `recorded` table.  However, the Video Library was
> designed for arbitrary addition of content, the Recording Library was not.
>  There are around a dozen tables you need to touch to add a single fake
> recording to MythTV, and a few additional that carry optional data.  For
> some not-so-light reading, dig through MiroBridge for what is needed to add
> your own files as recordings.

Understood. Although through some testing by dumping the database,
create a recording through the frontend, stop recording, dump the
database again and compare the difference, I only see recorded being
hit, not sure what the other 11 tables are, but I'll take a look at
MiroBridge. What I've been doing has worked fairly well so far, but
it's somewhat cumbersome, I'd like to streamline it if possible.

And yes, I understand the ramifications of what I'm doing, and that
it's not supported!

Tom