[mythtv-users] 0.25 Metadata v. Mac OS X

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 23 04:57:33 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 08:18 PM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> At 10:46 AM +1100 3/23/12, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>> On Thursday, 22 March 2012, Craig Treleaven wrote:
>>
>>> I refreshed the themes and tried again with both MythCenterWide and Terra.  I'm not able to select Metadata Sources for movies or TV with either.  See:
>>>
>>> <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26787680/0.25metadataSetup_MythCenterWide.png>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26787680/0.25metadataSetup_MythCenterWide.png
>>> <http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26787680/0.25metadataSetup_Terra.png>http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26787680/0.25metadataSetup_Terra.png
>>>
>>> Is this maybe related to my earlier posting about the Mac .app bundles not including mythmetadatalookup?

Yep, that's related to the "root" of the problem (or, is actually
probably a result of the same problem).

>> The mac bundles do not include the python bindings...

Right.  It seems that someone with OS X will need to figure out how to
make the Python bindings (and the metadata grabber scripts) work on Mac
OS X and provide a patch.  Until then, they aren't installed.

So, the answer to the question of why the Movie and TV grabbers show
nothing is because without the Python bindings the scripts don't work.
So, when the setup screen attempts to run the -v "checks" for the
scripts, they fail, so there are no scripts to list for the Movie and TV
media.  The one Game media grabber happens to be a Perl script that
doesn't use the bindings, so it's not reliant on the bindings, which is
why it shows up.

> I've previously installed some of the dependencies* that blocked the perl/python bindings.  My output from mythtv configure (included in osx-packager.pl's output) includes:
>
> # Bindings
> bindings_perl      yes
> bindings_python    yes
> bindings_php       yes
>
> Version says they are included too:
> $ /Users/mythbuild/myth25/MythBackend.app/Contents/MacOS/MythBackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v0.25-rc-26-g495ef16
> MythTV Branch : master
> Network Protocol : 72
> Library API : 0.25.20120315-2
> QT Version : 4.6.3
> Options compiled in:
>   profile use_hidesyms darwin_da using_corevideo using_backend
>   using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
>   using_darwin using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton
>   using_iptv using_libcrypto using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_libudf
>   using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
>   using_quartz_video using_appleremote using_bindings_perl
>   using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_darwin_da
>   using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
>   using_mheg using_libxml2 using_libudf
>
> Am I being misled?
>
> Craig
>
> * This was a while ago, but my notes say the python bindings needed:  MySQL-python, and lxml.  I think that was all.  MythNetVision needs pycurl and OAuth, in addition.

As I understand it, configure is telling you that the python bindings
"will be built", but because no one has figured out how to install them
on Mac OS X in the bundle or whatever, they aren't actually installed.

Mike