[mythtv-users] 0.25 Music

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:24:43 UTC 2012

> OK so educate me tell me how it should work? Keep in mind I can do the
> test case of jumping from ABBA to Meatloaf on my system takes 4 key
> presses with a keyboard attached and 26 using the remote

Two options I've seen which would reduce those 26 key presses to something saner

1)  Like the address book on my mobile phone.  If I press '1' once
then it jumps to the first name beginning with 'A'  pressing it again
take me to the B's and again to the C's.  Pressing '2' takes me to the
'D's, E's etc.

2)  Like an IPOD.  After a couple of seconds of scrolling through the
list normally then a big 'A' pops up and from then on you are
scrolling straight through the letters of the alphabet, and you stop
when you get to the letter you want.

Cheers,