[mythtv-users] http live stream doesn't use requested size

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 20 23:58:01 UTC 2012

Seems to work fine here.  I tried passing in just a height of 720 and then
again passing in just a width of 1280 and my 1080i recording was converted
down to 720.  Can you try playing one of the .ts files in mplayer or
something else that will report the video size?  The individual .ts files
should be located in ~/.mythtv/tmp/hls/ on the backend.  They get cleaned
up when you delete the stream, so you'll need to start one, then try
playing the .ts file before you delete.  You can stop the stream transcoding
if you want to after you have a playable .ts file, you only need to test
the first one.  You can also test using the JW Player flash player on
the master backend webserver.  http://backendIP:6544/samples/hlstest.qsp
That page will have a link to the 1-click JW Player install if you haven't
installed JW Player yet. Once JW Player is installed, you can
start/stop/play/delete streams from that test page.  You might get prompted
for a password when you try to install JW Player, this is the default
backend web admin login/password of admin/mythtv.  This login and password
will be used to protect the web setup pages once we convert to using them
to replace mythtv-setup hopefully in time for 0.26.

* On Sun Mar 18, 2012 at 10:51:06PM -0700, Jeffrey Wong wrote:
> I tried passing 720 as the Height.  The livestream table correctly shows
> 1280 as the width, and 720 as the height.  When I load the livestream in
> Quicktime it shows up as only 853x480.  Is there another client I should
> try using to test?  I tried VLC but couldn't figure out how to get it to
> open the URL.
>
> -jw
>

> On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
>
> > * On Sat Mar 17, 2012 at 04:25:24PM -0700, Jeffrey Wong wrote:
> > > I have recordings that are 1920x1088, but seem to always get live streams
> > > at 853x480, regardless of what I set for the Height or Width in the
> > > AddRecordingLiveStream parameters.  The LiveStreamInfo response confirms
> > > the size that I requested, but it doesn't seem to be used for the
> > encoding.
> >
> > What size are you passing in?  Is the correct size in the livestream table
> > when the transcode is running?
> >
> > Have you tried specifying just a Height or Width instead of specifying
> > both?
> > There's nothing in the code that I know of that would limit the size.  I
> > have tested with both 1080i and 720p recordings when working on the HLS
> > code.
> >
> > --
> > Chris

Chris