[mythtv-users] 0.25: this is nice

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 15 22:17:14 UTC 2012

On 03/15/2012 05:29 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Jean-Yves Avenard says:
>> That patch made an amazing difference.
>>
>> on my iMac i7 3.4GHz quad-core, it takes 6.7s to load the recording
>> screen, 0.9s with the patch
> Yes, after brief testing I can also report a substantial improvement
> with the 0.24 version of the patch. A list of ~1500 recordings appears
> in under three seconds, about one third to one half of the time needed
> without the patch.

Strange.  On my 0.24-fixes (remote) frontend without the patch, I can
load ~1900 recordings in well under a second (like it's on screen before
my finger releases the remote button).  It's fast enough I often use the
Watch Recordings jump point to go back to the "All Programs" at the top
of the list rather than scrolling.

Are you guys who have extremely slow load times using some non-default
options, perhaps?  Or do you have poor-performing MySQL servers or
something?

Have you tried running optimize_mythdb.pl?

I can't believe it's down to CPU or RAM, since JYA's 3.4GHz Core i7 quad
is much more powerful than my AMD Athlon II X2 250 (3.0GHz dual-core)
with 2GB RAM.

Mike