[mythtv-users] Upgrading from 0.21 to 0.23 = failure

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Wed Mar 14 11:43:57 UTC 2012

On 14/03/12 10:49, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 06:25:06PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
>> Is 0.23.1 just known to be broken?  Or does it require me to upgrade the
>> kernel and the DVB drivers as well?  Should I just give up and go find
>> the old 0.21 binaries?
>
> *sigh*
>
> So I upgraded to 0.24.2.  Magically, the channels detected in the scan
> suddenly appear in the Channel Editor.  I can go into Live TV and switch
> between them using the up/down navigation.  However
>
>   * The TV Guide thinks I have no channels and refuses to function.
>   * The overlay shows "unknown" for all channels.
>   * Mythweb insists there are no channels and so will not provide
>     listings.
>   * I have gone through the whole "Delete all connections/cards" thing
>     again and it makes no difference.
>
> Any suggestions to fix this, beyond dropping the database and starting
> again?  I don't want to lose my database of previous recordings.
>
> I'd speculate that there was some error in the 0.23 upgrade process, but
> I can't prove anything.  Royally fed up with it, though.

I think at this point you're supposed to run mythfilldatabase to "fill in" the
rest of the information for the newly scanned channels. You'd be able to watch
LiveTV but not much else with what you have. You can't schedule something if
there's no data there.

Mythweb won't display channels which have no value in the 'channum' field. This
may indicate that part of your scanning process was incomplete, or that
mythfilldatabase hasn't updated them properly.

--

Mike Perkins