[mythtv-users] Upgrading from 0.21 to 0.23 = failure

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Mar 14 10:49:49 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 06:25:06PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> Is 0.23.1 just known to be broken?  Or does it require me to upgrade the
> kernel and the DVB drivers as well?  Should I just give up and go find
> the old 0.21 binaries?

*sigh*

So I upgraded to 0.24.2.  Magically, the channels detected in the scan
suddenly appear in the Channel Editor.  I can go into Live TV and switch
between them using the up/down navigation.  However

 * The TV Guide thinks I have no channels and refuses to function.
 * The overlay shows "unknown" for all channels.
 * Mythweb insists there are no channels and so will not provide
   listings.
 * I have gone through the whole "Delete all connections/cards" thing
   again and it makes no difference.

Any suggestions to fix this, beyond dropping the database and starting
again?  I don't want to lose my database of previous recordings.

I'd speculate that there was some error in the 0.23 upgrade process, but
I can't prove anything.  Royally fed up with it, though.

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock