[mythtv-users] Using two EPG sources - XMLTV for TV and EIT for radio on DVB

Joe Nyland joenyland at me.com
Sun Mar 11 22:29:16 UTC 2012

:-( Now I'm getting this in /var/log/messages, when I see mythtv-setup crash:

Mar 11 21:53:12 MythTVServer1 kernel: [382500.166847] mythtv-setup.re[3222]: segfault at 7fab58e66db8 ip 00007fab699bb897 sp 00007fab58e66da0 error 6 in libQtCore.so.4.6.2[7fab698f9000+276000]

Also, if I run 'taskset -c 0 /usr/bin/mythtv-setup.real' I get:
2012-03-11 21:51:58.394 DTVMux, Warning: Invalid inversion, falling back to 'auto'. <-- not sure if this is actually an issue though...

Any suggestions on this?

On 11 Mar 2012, at 22:20, David Watkins wrote:

>> Furthermore, with EIT now enabled, the HDHomeRun seems to be constantly
>> active and my switches are constantly flickering away between the HDHR and
>> MythBackend. This is actually one of the reasons why I moved to XMLTV, so
>> that my HDHomeRun was not constantly scanning EIT data. Is there any way to
>> avoid this?
>
> Well you could try disabling active scanning, which is what I've done.
> This means, I think, that EIT data is only populated while you are
> recording something.  EIT data for the radio stations is provided a
> week in advance so, provided you make a recording every couple of days
> you should be OK.  I'm not sure if the recording needs to be on a
> particular multiplex but I've not worried about that and never had a
> problem with guide data on the (admittedly rare) occasions when I've
> scheduled a radio recording.

Ok, thanks. Where does one go to choose between scanning types? I haven't seen this option anywhere, but have seen it mentioned in the list archives when researching this.

Thanks,

Joe