[mythtv-users] Mythimport - Am I missing something?

Christian Arnaut n8tgc at msn.com
Sun Mar 11 02:42:13 UTC 2012

> Message: 17
> Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 09:32:56 +0000
> From: Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Mythimport - Am I missing something?
> To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 09/03/12 19:20, Christian Arnaut wrote:
> >
> > If I run the following.
> >
> > "mythimport input=/var/lib/mythtv/misc/ output=/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/
> > cleanup=all"
> >
> > I get a response stating "Make sure that /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/ is in
> > your MythTV storage groups, otherwise MythTV will not be able to find your
> > files." No errors indicated. However, no data makes it into the database,
> > the media file never makes it to /recordings and the source files remain.
> >
> The obvious questions: does that directory exist, is it included in your storage
> group definitions, and does it have permissions such that the user who runs
> mythimport can create files and write to it? *that* is your error message,
> follow it!
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Yes, the destination directory exists. Yes, the user has adequate permissions.Yes, the destination directory is in the storage group definitions  (/var/lib/mythtv/recordings/ is the default location in Mythbuntu)No, the result I get is NOT an error message. It is the print response, in the script, after the copy command to put the files in the destination directory. It's not an error handler.
Yes, if I purposefully change the permissions or sent to a non-existent destination folder, I DO receive an appropriate error .