[mythtv-users] [Bulk] Re: Announcing a MythTV Indicator for Ubuntu Unity

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Mar 7 16:42:20 UTC 2012

On 3/7/2012 11:22, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> On 12-03-07 09:01 AM, kenkyee at yahoo.com wrote:
>> Would also be interesting to see if it's running a mythcommflag,
>> mythexport, etc. job in the background but I'm not sure you have that
>> much visibility?
>>
>> Out of curiosity, since you run Unity, what do you do about the stupid
>> status bar up top when using MythTV?
> I like your suggestion. With the current Service API's you cannot
> get information on the user jobs running state or at least I do not know
> how. Therefore it cannot be reflected on the indicator's icon.

There are no Services methods for directly interfacing with the
jobqueue, however you can poll the old backend status page for among
other things, a list of any jobs scheduled to run, running, failed, or
recently successful.  It has moved locations in 0.25, and the XML
version is located at...

http://<backend>:6544/Status/GetStatus