[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 10:11:25 UTC 2012

surely this should be logged as a bug?
Family came to visit the other day and turned on a childrens channel in
livetv during the day. Later on in the evening they turned on livetv again
and the channel was off-air. Mythfrontend just locked up. I had to kill it
or wait a very long time for it to fail back to the menu. Surely it should
be responsive and allow you to change channels at any time including while
tuning.

In mythsetup you can change the startup channel but this requires stopping
the backend. You probably can do it through mythweb as well but I have
never tried and cant see an obvious db setting name.

I have found under the frontend that I had the above issue with
 - DefaultTVChannel
but I dont think that is it cause the channel it starts up at is not the
set value.