[mythtv-users] Change startup channel

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Sun Mar 4 02:15:38 UTC 2012

Two of our local tv stations are off air at the moment due to storm
damage to the guy wires holding their antenna up. (Unfortunately, I work
for them, so the situation is more serious than just not being able to
watch tv, but should be resolved in a couple of days).  However, they're
my default startup channel in Myth (0.25 as of December).

As there is no signal, when I go to watch tv, I get a non responsive tv
guide with a Please wait windows over the top, then "Error opening jump
program file" and everything locks up.  I have to kill the frontend and
start again.

How do I change the startup channel to another one which works?  I tried
changing the default channel on all my inputs but to no avail.
--

Rob Davis