[mythtv-users] AddVideoLiveStream & folders

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Sun Mar 4 03:33:17 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-03, at 9:45 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> What URL are you trying to use to 'play' the stream?  You should
> be playing the .m3u8 file.

No before that. Doing:

curl 'http://192.168.1.11:6544/Content/AddVideoLiveStream?Id=4516'

gets back:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><detail><errorCode>501</errorCode><errorDescription>Call to method failed</errorDescription></detail>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><detail><errorCode>401</errorCode><errorDescription>Invalid Action</errorDescription></detail>

(line break added by me)

and there's a message in the BE log about how it can't find the file associated with that id although the logged filename is missing its folder and I don't see in the code where that would have been removed.

It's helpful to know it works for somebody. Tomorrow the BE should idle long enough for me to get in there and see what's happening. It may yet be my setup.

- George