[mythtv-users] Bad Recordings - Choppy - on .25

Scott & Nicole Harris snharris99 at live.com
Fri Mar 2 21:59:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 11:52:10PM -0500, Billy Macdonald wrote:
>>    I've been troubleshooting some bad recording issues on .25 for the
>> past few days and haven't been able to figure out the issue.  I have
>> two HDHR & one HD Prime.  Seven total tuners.  Whenever I record more
>> than one or two shows, the logs (with -v record) will output tons of
>> the following messages.
>>

>> 2012-03-01 23:45:16.849449 W [7383/7464] HDHRStreamHandler
>> dtvrecorder.cpp:1301 (ProcessAVTSPacket) - DTVRec(3): A/V PID 0x800
>> discontinuity detected ((1+1)%16!=6)  0.03%
>>
>> And the recordings end up in horrible shape.   There doesn't seem to
>> be any other mythtv activity around when the errors start/stop (they
>> come in clumps it seems).
I saw a similar issue when I upgraded my existing system from 0.24 to 0.25.
When recording more than one show at a time (via 3 HDHR units), the
recordings has moments where they were almost like a bad signal.  Lots of
"pixelation" where the screen would get all "artifacty" and when that
happened, the sound would get that metallic almost robotic twinges in it.  I
don't believe it's a hardware issue because as soon as I switch back to
0.24, no problems what so ever.