[mythtv-users] OT: Myth on ESXi - passing through the USB controller

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sat Jun 16 14:58:52 UTC 2012

I may have to add a USB card to my host.  I would like to buy USB3 card (latest technology), but I'm running ESXi 4.1

Does anyone know if VMDirectPath will allow me to connect a USB3 device to a VM under ESXi 4.1 ?  (I know ESXI 5 understands USB 3 devices, but hopefully 4.1 just treats it as unknown and will pass it through???)