[mythtv-users] ACPI Wakeup stopped working

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Fri Jun 8 04:18:51 UTC 2012

On 08/06/12 14:05, aaron wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Bill Meek<keemllib at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Hi;
>>
>> Did a line like this in /etc/default/grub get removed?
>>
>>   GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="hpet=disabled"
>
> Ah, interesting ... it looks like there isn't such a line:
>
> aperl at monster:/etc/default$ grep CMDLINE grub
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""
>
> but how can I tell whether there was something in the past?
>
> Oh wait, actually as I look at the file I remember I had been trying
> to address an intermittent boot hang by fiddling some grub options
> (which proved to be ineffective) and I had (long ago) landed on the
> above non-value. So I guess such a line wasn't removed.... should I
> try adding it? :)
>
> (it's busy recording at the moment, but I could try it later/tomorrow
> when it's not busy)
>
> Thanks,
> aaron

I've been using the ACPI wakeup for ages with no probs. With myth 0.23
and now 0.25. I don't have the
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="hpet=disabled" option in /etc/default/grub
either. And I don't recall fiddling with that file. I'm running Ubuntu
10.04.

Sorry but I can't see any obvious clue in your emails. Just a thought:
Your BIOS settings haven't changed?