[mythtv-users] ACPI Wakeup stopped working

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 02:05:26 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Did a line like this in /etc/default/grub get removed?
>
>  GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="hpet=disabled"

Ah, interesting ... it looks like there isn't such a line:

aperl at monster:/etc/default$ grep CMDLINE grub
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=""
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

but how can I tell whether there was something in the past?

Oh wait, actually as I look at the file I remember I had been trying
to address an intermittent boot hang by fiddling some grub options
(which proved to be ineffective) and I had (long ago) landed on the
above non-value. So I guess such a line wasn't removed.... should I
try adding it? :)

(it's busy recording at the moment, but I could try it later/tomorrow
when it's not busy)

Thanks,
aaron