[mythtv-users] Changing from 0.21 to 0.25 using new hardware

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Sat Jun 2 01:15:06 UTC 2012

On 2/06/2012 6:00 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/01/2012 11:31 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 06/01/2012 01:02 AM, Bob Long wrote:
>>> Nick replied:
>>>
>>> And that will be on the new hardware, I presume?
>>
>> On either.  0.24-fixes is just a stop along the way to the goal.
>
> Just realized I should probably clarify.  After you upgrade the
> database to 0.24-fixes schema format (by running mythtv-setup--but no
> need to change anything in it once it finishes, just run it and exit),
> you'll want to back up the 0.24-fixes database.
>
> Then you can restore the 0.24-fixes database onto the final
> hardware/OS install that you will use for 0.25-fixes with:
>
> mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database --create_database --filename
> mythconverg-1264-nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.sql.gz
>
> (where the 0.24-fixes backup will be a 1264 version)
>
> Mike
As several/many people are requesting help in upgrading "ancient"
databases, and as newer os's start providing 0.25 as its base install,
would it be possible to pull the db update code from 0.24-fixes, and
drop it into a 0.25 build, possibly as a standalone program called by
setup when it detects a db older than 0.24.  (or exit setup, and tell
the user to run the "ancient" db update routing before running
mythtv-setup.)  This way, uses will have the ability to seemlessly
upgrade from "ancient" versions to current