[mythtv-users] Changing from 0.21 to 0.25 using new hardware

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jun 1 20:00:12 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 11:31 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/01/2012 01:02 AM, Bob Long wrote:
>> Nick replied:
>>> Install 10.04 (LTS) and use mythbuntu-repos to get to 0.24-fixes.Give
>>> it the same hostname as your old backend, or be prepared to do the
>>> change of hostname thing as described in the wiki.  Do not configure
>>> it (ie don't bother with mythtv setup) as you will throw away that
>>> database.
>>
>> And that will be on the new hardware, I presume?
>
> On either.  0.24-fixes is just a stop along the way to the goal.

Just realized I should probably clarify.  After you upgrade the database
to 0.24-fixes schema format (by running mythtv-setup--but no need to
change anything in it once it finishes, just run it and exit), you'll
want to back up the 0.24-fixes database.

Then you can restore the 0.24-fixes database onto the final hardware/OS
install that you will use for 0.25-fixes with:

mythconverg_restore.pl --drop_database --create_database --filename
mythconverg-1264-nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.sql.gz

(where the 0.24-fixes backup will be a 1264 version)

Mike