[mythtv-users] EIT reschedules

Xander lexvictory at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jun 1 08:32:26 UTC 2012

--- On Fri, 1/6/12, Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com> wrote:

> From: Bill Williamson <bill at bbqninja.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] EIT reschedules
> To: "Discussion about MythTV" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:01 PM,
> Michael Watson
> <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au>
> wrote:
> > On 1/06/2012 12:55 PM, Bill Williamson wrote:
> >>
> >> I am considering moving to EIT for my guide data
> (live in Australia,
> >> DVB-T, currently using a third party web scraper
> script grabber).
> >>
> >> Will MythTV pick up the changes when sporting
> events/etc get extended?
> >>  The broadcasters here are pretty good about
> updating the live guide
> >> data in real time.  A friend with Windows Media
> Center has reported
> >> success, so I know the guide gets pushed out.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> > The last time I used EIT for guide data, only ABC and
> SBS gave any decent
> > amount of upcoming data, the other channels only
> provided a day or two of
> > future scheduling.  This was a couple of years ago, so
> things may have
> > changed.
>

> Things have changed.  They all offer 7 days of guide
> data and it is
> reasonably accurate.  In some comparisons I've done
> with friends it's
> sometimes more accurate than shepherd, with the downside of
> a lower
> richness of data.
>
> My question wasn't whether or not it exists (it does), but
> whether
> mythtv checks EIT while recording, and whether it will
> extend a
> recording in realtime if the EIT data changes.
>
> Thanks

I'm not sure about in progress recordings, however I seem to recall some user reporting they were getting two recordings for one program (one based on original start time, another based on updated EIT after recording started)

Personally I would recommend using the patch at http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10101 (not sure if it works for 0.25 tho)
I use it for my recordings and find it works quite well - tho things like double episodes of the simpsons ends up recording for an hour instead of half for the first one.

This patch might work less well for you matching just on title tho; I've been experimenting with the Freeview DSMCC data for my guide data, so the patch can match on CRIDs for most things on my setup