[mythtv-users] EIT reschedules

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Fri Jun 1 08:07:35 UTC 2012

Bill Williamson wrote,

> I am considering moving to EIT for my guide data (live in Australia,
> DVB-T, currently using a third party web scraper script grabber).
>
> Will MythTV pick up the changes when sporting events/etc get extended?
>   The broadcasters here are pretty good about updating the live guide
> data in real time.  A friend with Windows Media Center has reported
> success, so I know the guide gets pushed out.

I can't answer that question, but with my recent (but brief) use of EIT
(Brisbane, Australia) the program information was not the best.

I saw quite a few instances of things like "Program name - double
episode" or "Program name - new episode" as the title, rather than
simply "Program name" with the additional information in the
description, for example.

So far, Shepherd seems to be working ok (http://svn.whuffy.com/).

--
Bob Long