[mythtv-users] Recommended distro?

Cecil Watson knoppmyth at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 18:07:43 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Richard Morton
<richard.e.morton at gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't understand the relevance of this as Mythbuntu uses XFCE and linhes
> hides any desktop from the user.

I wouldn't say we "hide" the desktop. There is no "desktop" ala KDE, GNOME,
etc. included with LinHES. Our goal is a simple MythTV appliance. Why use a
desktop which will use more resources than a simple Window Manager? LinHES
uses fluxbox as it's default WM. With the release of 7.3, one will
optionally be able to choose Enlightenment or WindowMaker. When LinHES
starts, mythfrontend will automatically start (or mythwelcome if chosen).

--
Enjoy the day,

Cecil