[mythtv-users] Streaming to Android with PS3 Media Server

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 18:56:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 5:08 AM, George Nassas <gnassas at mac.com> wrote:
> On 2012-01-14, at 3:30 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>
> Additionally there is some stuff in the works. So it might be possible
> to get your recordings to your phone without an additional media server
> or upfront transcoding later this year. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
>

> No need to hold your breath! Live streaming is in git/master and will be
> part of the next release.

http live streaming is natively built into iOS devices (iPad, iPhone
etc). However it is not native to android until 3.0, which many phones
especially will never be upgraded to.

There is an android 2.2 app called diceplayer that has http live
streaming according to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Live_Streaming