[mythtv-users] IR (Ubuntu) Troubleshooting

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Wed Feb 29 23:00:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

Trying running evtest /dev/input/<event_of_mce> ?

You should be able to detect the above path from "dmesg"

I have a sim. issue (I think) It's the xserver that can't see events
higher than 255. In the newer versions of the Kernel the Lirc devices now
register as input devices.

The answer is to use evdev to remap those to the keys that Myth expects,
but this currently has a bug in 12.04.

Cheers,

Pieter