[mythtv-users] IR (Ubuntu) Troubleshooting

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Wed Feb 29 22:49:01 UTC 2012

Last week I posted a question about getting lirc to work with my mce usb
remote. In short, I could not get the remote Play, Pause, and other
important keys to work. Instead a No Access, or Stop sign would pop up
when I pressed those buttons.

  I discovered today it is not a lirc issue at all. Using apt, I purged
lirc and all config files, plugged my usb receiver in and my remote
still works, albeit limited. Some keys continue to work in mythtv and
vlc.  I still get the pop ups when I press the play, pause, and some
other keys. So, some other program is processing IR commands and I'm not
sure what that would be or how to turn it off, so I can use lirc to work
with my remote.

Anyone know how I can fix this issue?

I am currently trying to get this to work on Linux Mint 12 with myth .24

Raymond