[mythtv-users] Remote control woes. Repeated keys.

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Tue Feb 28 04:44:46 UTC 2012

On 12-02-27 10:40 AM, aaron wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:02, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:
>>
>> If you are using ir-kbd-i2c without any LIRC involvement,
>> then you might be interested in my kernel hack to smooth
>> out the repeats for that remote control.
..
>>    http://rtr.ca/mythtv_patches/00_kernel_ir-kbd-i2c_fix_repeats.patch
..
> Is there any chance of your patch going to an official kernel? I used

No, to get that code upstream would involve digging deep into the IR stuff,
and that's a can of worms I'm content (for now) to leave to others.

> to use Slackware so I'm pretty comfortable with the process of
> recompiling my kernel. But I'm now using Mythbuntu, which relies much
> more heavily on the packaging system. Therefore I'm not sure what is
> the proper way to compile my kernel with the patch. Any suggestions?

You don't need to build an entire kernel, just the ir-kbd-i2c module.
So, here's an already-patched copy of the full source (from linux-3.2)
along with a standalone Makefile and installer script.

Just unpack it and do "make install" from inside it:

   http://rtr.ca/mythtv_patches/ir-kbd-i2c.mlord.tar.gz

If you want the original driver back, then just re-install your distro kernel
package.

Cheers