[mythtv-users] Remote control woes. Repeated keys.

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:40:14 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 10:02, Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> wrote:

> If you are using ir-kbd-i2c without any LIRC involvement,
> then you might be interested in my kernel hack to smooth
> out the repeats for that remote control.
>
> I'm inlining a copy below, but my mailer will mangle the spacing,
> so you can also grab a good copy from here:
>
>    http://rtr.ca/mythtv_patches/00_kernel_ir-kbd-i2c_fix_repeats.patch
>
> With that patch, my Hauppauge remote has been silky smooth for years.
> But note that I was using it with a PVR250 IR interfaces, not a PVR150,
> so I'd be interested to hear how this goes for you there.

I apologize for hijacking the thread, but I remember you suggesting
this patch to me a while back for my remote issues. After much
fiddling and testing and frustration and giving up and trying again...
I finally got my remote working correctly, but without your patch...
so I do still have the crazy spaz-outs that your should address.

Is there any chance of your patch going to an official kernel? I used
to use Slackware so I'm pretty comfortable with the process of
recompiling my kernel. But I'm now using Mythbuntu, which relies much
more heavily on the packaging system. Therefore I'm not sure what is
the proper way to compile my kernel with the patch. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
aaron