[mythtv-users] Keyframe identification in cutlist editor

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Tue Feb 21 18:29:13 UTC 2012

On 21/02/12 17:46, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 21/02/12 17:19, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 21/02/12 15:23, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>

>>> Are you seeing this for MPEG-2 recordings, or h.264?  (or both?)
>>>
>>> Jim
>>
>> Almost all my experience is DVB-T MPEG-2, but a quick check on a DVB-T2
>> H.264 recording shows the same problem.  Going backwards usually finds
>> intermediates missed while going forwards.
>
> My apologies: Partial Mediainfo for that recording follows.  I'll see
> what else I can find.

Hmm.  It seems that is h.264 after all;  I saw MPEG-TS and jumped to the
wrong conclusion.  I've just tried another HD recording on the laptop
running SL6, same Myth build set, that made the recordings, and the
frame numbers in both directions seemed to match; but the frontend complains

2012-02-21 18:12:28.004 [h264 @ 0x6acac00]mmco: unref short failure
2012-02-21 18:12:31.478 [h264 @ 0x6acac00]mmco: unref short failure
2012-02-21 18:12:32.876 [h264 @ 0x6acac00]mmco: unref short failure
2012-02-21 18:12:34.456 [h264 @ 0x6acac00]mmco: unref short failure

so I suspect your question still needs a good answer.

Sorry for the confusion,

John