[mythtv-users] Transcoded recordings playback fails: audio failure, video stutters (was Last MythTV Gentoo ebuild... buffer issues)

jk90090 jk90090 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:57:30 UTC 2012

On 2/20/12 10:03 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> On 21 February 2012 16:47, jk90090<jk90090 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> See example here:  http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10212#comment:15
>>
>> Or rollback to 2011-11-13 build.  I'm basically sitting on this until
>> someone fixes this serious break.  3 months and counting...   :-(
>>
> Could you use git bisect to find out which commit broke it for you ?
> http://book.git-scm.com/5_finding_issues_-_git_bisect.html
>
> You enter git bisect start
> git bisect good commit_that_worked
> git bisect bad commit_where_you_know_it_doesnt_work
>
> and then compile and try..
>
> Alternatively, provide a link to the file that doesn't play for you in
> the track ticket and I will have a look.
>
> Cheers
> JY
> http://book.git-scm.com/5_finding_issues_-_git_bisect.html
> _

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10212#comment:22

There were four commits on the 14th, I tested two of them.  I'm not sure
if github is listing (https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits) them in
order of commit time, and if it is then I have tested the the specific
commit that introduced the failure.

I'll look into this bisect option sometime this week maybe.

-JK