[mythtv-users] Keyframe identification in cutlist editor

phipps-hutton at sky.com phipps-hutton at sky.com
Tue Feb 21 14:01:10 UTC 2012

Quoting John Veness <John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk>:
> Personally I've never skipped forward or back by keyframe either, and
> for me it's just an annoying step to get past (with the up/down arrows)
> between Frame and 0.5 Seconds, both of which are useful. It would be
> interesting to see if anyone really used Keyframe when editing, and if
> not, just remove it from the list.

I use it every time I edit so that a lossless transcode can be done
simply to cut out the commercials from films I've recorded. Please
don't remove it. It is a bit flaky going forward but going backwards
it gets every one.

I'm hoping that transcode for DVB-T2 in the UK will be fixed soon so I
can chop the commercials out of HD too.

Cheers,
Tim Phipps.