[mythtv-users] Gentoo builds - broken-er

Dale Pontius DEPontius at edgehp.net
Sun Feb 19 22:46:07 UTC 2012

On 02/19/2012 05:24 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 2/19/2012 16:42, Dale Pontius wrote:
>> I have updated the ebuild, but when I attempt to update the manifest I get:
>
> How, specifically, did you update the ebuild?  If you update using the
> packaged script, it will already have downloaded the tarball and updated
> the manifest, as it needs to look at the contents of that tarball to
> properly write out one of the constants defined in the ebuild.
>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/20120101/branches/release-0-24-fixes/mythtv
>
> I honestly have no idea what you might have done to get portage to try
> to download using that link.

I had the ebuild in mythtv_portage/Gentoo from when I updated to
mythtv-0.24.1_p20120101 on Jan 5 of this year.  I'm not sure why, but
according to my portage logs I rebuilt that same version on Jan 25.
Then more recently I had the problem with linuxtv-dvb-headers as
mentioned on this thread.  Today I simply copied the existing ebuild out
of mythtv_portage into my local overlay, changed linuxtv-dvb-headers to
virtual, and tried to do the digest.

A clue dawns... In mythtv_portage/Gentoo in addition to the ebuilds
there are "profiles", "scripts", and "eclass" directories.  I'll be that
there's some path-relative magic happening here, grabbing stuff out of
the profiles, scripts and ebuilds directories.

That's it.  I just edited the mythtv ebuild in-place instead of copying
it to my own overlay.  The digest worked, and I now have a manifest.

Of course it'll get overwritten the next time a new ebuild comes down,
but hopefully that one will be corrected.  Hopefully my next update
won't groan about how the one I've got doesn't match the currently
incorrect one upstream.

My other solution is to make an additional local overlay, just for
mythtv, and copy the profiles/scripts/eclass over to it.

Dale Pontius