[mythtv-users] Setting up HDHomeRun Prime on 0.25

Bob K Mertz lists at bibleboy.org
Thu Feb 16 17:40:12 UTC 2012

On 2/16/12 11:05 AM, Mitchell Gore wrote:

> Are you using a cable card?  If so you should not be using 28-4.  that
> is the QAM station number.  if the prime is in CC mode you can request
> the same number of channel you see on your STB.

Yes, I do have a cable card installed.  The only reason why I had those
channels in there was because I was scanning instead of fetching.  Could
this be why I was getting the error in mythbackend.log regarding an
unknown tuner?

> Also, if you follow those instructions you first attach the tuner to a
> dummy recorder.  That way you can fetch the listings.  WHen doing this
> it will pause for a bit and look like nothing is happening.  but if you
> goto the channel editor you can see the channels it grabed.  Next you
> attach the tuner to the Prime and delete the dummy.

On that page it said that using the dummy was for 0.24-fixes but I'm
using the 0.25 branch.  I'll give that process a shot though and see if
it makes a difference.

So if I gather this correctly, just pushing the vchannel number to the
HDHR-CC it automatically knows what QAM channel to go to?