[mythtv-users] Setting up HDHomeRun Prime on 0.25

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:05:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 9:27 PM, Bob K Mertz <lists at bibleboy.org> wrote:

> I have been trying to set up my HDHomeRun Prime tuner with cable card on
> my Mythbuntu system which is running the 0.25 branch and I'm having some
> issues and also have some questions.
>
> First of all, I am following
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_MythTV_for_the_HDHomeRun_Prime
> and the point where I start having issues is adding the channels from
> listing source.  I've configured the Comcast Digital line up for my area
> and I can select it when setting up the source but when I connect the
> input source connection and click on "Fetch channels from listing
> source" it just freezes for a few seconds and then returns without
> adding anything.
>
> Additionally I am a little confused on how mythtv handles the prime
> tuner.  I am able to use the config_gui on my MacBook and tune channels
> in using VLC but, of course, the channels are listed by physical
> channels and then program streams so what I'm trying to figure out is
> exactly how mythtv handles these channels.  When I do a channel scan to
> add channels mythtv ends up adding channels such as 28-4 which won't
> line up with the channels I am getting from SchedulesDirect.  I'd
> appreciate it if someone could clear this up for me as I really haven't
> found much on the net explaining how these work.
>
> Thanks!

Are you using a cable card?  If so you should not be using 28-4.  that is
the QAM station number.  if the prime is in CC mode you can request the
same number of channel you see on your STB.

Also, if you follow those instructions you first attach the tuner to a
dummy recorder.  That way you can fetch the listings.  WHen doing this it
will pause for a bit and look like nothing is happening.  but if you goto
the channel editor you can see the channels it grabed.  Next you attach the
tuner to the Prime and delete the dummy.

Mitchell