[mythtv-users] libmyth 0.25 problems

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:29:35 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 15 February 2012 15:01, Douglas Peale <Douglas_Peale at comcast.net>
> wrote:
> >>
> > Thanks, that change and a reboot got the mythweb page back up. Still
> some issues though, tried to go to the listings page and
> > got "Error data/tv_icons directory is not writeable by www-data. Please
> check permissions".
>
> There's never any need to reboot unless you've had a kernel update
>
> sudo service apache2 restart would have done the job
>

> > A bit of work with chmod got that issue fixed.
>
> Yes, same deal here
> I actually did a chown www-data:www-data .

The tv_icons and cache problem should hopefully be fixed in tonight's
autobuild (2012-02-16+).  It turned out that empty directories were being
shipped in mythweb git causing the symlink creation of the directories with
proper permissions to fail during postinst.

As for the apache conf failure, can someone with this failure please
elaborate on their scenario?  Karl Dietz shared with the patch to set that
directory to match what was in packaging (/var/www/mythweb).

The packaging ships /var/www/mythweb as a symlink to
/usr/share/mythtv/mythweb.  So it makes sense (to me at least) that the
apache conf when enabled via sites-enabled should have options to affect
/var/www/mythweb not /var/www/html.