[mythtv-users] Does HDHR Prime work with Time Warner in North Texas

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Mon Feb 13 22:14:09 UTC 2012

One of my hdhr's is finally dead due to some fault of my own and I am
now trying to determine if I can even make use of the HDHR prime.  I
have Time Warner cable in North Dallas Texas and from what I initially
read it appeared the copy once bit would be an issue for me in my area.
I have also read that I can not really test via firewire and a Time
Warner STB because it will not correctly provide me the information
about the copy bit.

I contacted Time Warner and asked if they have a cable card that works
with TIVO because I understand that tivo has the same copy bit
restriction as mythtv and they said that they have a cable card that
works with TIVO.  Does this mean I can order an HDHR Prime and a cable
card and watch most of the channels that the STB gives me?