[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: LIRC IRSEND - Channel changing not working

Steven stevenc413 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 02:10:17 UTC 2012

>I missed something; when you press a button on your remote, does anything come out of the ir transmitter on the USB-UIRT box?
Maybe there is another use for these as a repeater or some sort.

I am trying to use the USB UIRT as both a receiver for my media center remote, and a transmitter to control my Comcast DTA and change the channels so that mythtv can record the right things.

The receiving is correctly working.  I can control Mythtv using my remote.  The transmission seems to be working in that it blinks red when I use IRSEND, and a digital camera picks up the IR, but no matter what I do the comcast DTA does not respond to the transmission.

Not sure what other protocols or drivers to use.  I've tried both USB UIRT drivers (as far as I know there are only two). and if this config works for others http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/DTA100 how can I help found out what is different?

>...and yes, remote control issues are very irritating.
>These are similar to the box I have:
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-MCE-Media-Center-remote-control-and-receiver-plus-IR-blaster-/290669079675?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ad3a2c7b0
>
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-MCE-Remote-Control-USB-IR-Receiver-Win7-Vista-/220626196153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335e5896b9

Do you use those with Mythtv 24.1 fixes and 11.10?  Seriously I don't care what I use, I'll buy those both if they'll work with my setup :)