[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: LIRC IRSEND - Channel changing not working

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sun Feb 12 17:01:57 UTC 2012

On 2/12/2012 10:30 AM, Steven wrote:
> Seriously I'm considering just finding someone to build me a robot to
> press buttons on the remote.

I missed something; when you press a button on your remote, does
anything come out of the ir transmitter on the USB-UIRT box?  On my
UsbMce box, it has an external blaster extension that's taped onto the
cable box and flickers red when I press a button.  Either you see the
LED flicker of the external blaster, or use a digital camera to see the
ir signals.  If you see a flicker, we talk driver (i.e. protocol) and
config; if not we look upstream.

...and yes, remote control issues are very irritating.

These are similar to the box I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-MCE-Media-Center-remote-control-and-receiver-plus-IR-blaster-/290669079675?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ad3a2c7b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-MCE-Remote-Control-USB-IR-Receiver-Win7-Vista-/220626196153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item335e5896b9