[mythtv-users] Temporal 2x vs Temporal-Spatial 2x

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 03:44:02 UTC 2012

Hi

On Friday, 10 February 2012, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think anything lower than 100 for the MIXER TEMPORAL_SPATIAL
> is worthy of using Advanced 2x for sports on a larger screen, you'll
> get noticeable hiccups.

Nonsense... Anything over 60 fps output is all you need.
1080i is 30fps, and what comes out from Advanced 2X is 60fps, no more, no
less.

Getting more serves no purpose other than useless benchmarking tool that
don't seem to understand what they are testing..

> Fermi is apparently the worst thing to happen to video playback.
>
> --

And for what they are designed for, it's all you need... Nvidia knows what
they are doing, more than you and I.

Who cares that your card can process 40 more frame per seconds over
another, when it's already faster than you need.

When they will broadcast 1080i at 100Hz interlaced, then I will agree with
you. But it's never going to happen in the lifetime of the video card.

Getting a nvidia 2xx today makes no sense to me when it's for an htpc: they
use more power and have less features. And where they do perform better is
of no relevance to the htpc scene.