[mythtv-users] Trouble building mythpandora

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 16:58:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
wrote:

> That means that for each update, mythpandora would have to be updated to
> pull in the new libpiano/libwaitress/libezxml code, then updated to work
> with the new code (and any required code changes due to protocol/API
> changes), then recompiled with the new code.  I'm /guessing/ this is why
> dougt seems to have abandoned the project--it hasn't been updated since
> Jan 3, 2011--that's 10 protocol/API changes ago.  Therefore, even if you
> get it to compile, it won't work.

I figured it being based on/off pianobar that as long as that is up to date
and is current
with Pandora's protocol/API change then it would be worth a shot in trying
it at least.  MythTV
is awesome, being able to listen to Pandora (without using myth browser,
not sure how well mythbrowser would handle the site for one reason) inside
of MythTV would be even better IMO.

> My recommendation is to use the official Pandora client for GNU/Linux,
> which can be downloaded from the pandora.com site once you sign in to
> your account with a Pandora One subscription.  Unfortunately, thanks to
> Adobe dropping support for AIR on GNU/Linux, you'll have to use the
> last-released version of AIR from
> http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html --but it actually still
> works.  Alternatively, you could use pianobar or Pithos, instead.

I already use pianobar and Pithos as I dislike, putting it nicely, their
use of flash and AIR,
I was just wanting to find a way to be able to Listen to Pandora from
inside of MythTV making it
more of a "All in one" system for me.

> Oh, and if you use either pianobar or Pithos, please purchase a Pandora
> One subscription so that you're not stealing the service.  (As a paying
> subscriber, I will be very upset if people's stealing the service
> results in my favorite music service going out of business.  :)

I don't mind supporting Pandora, it is a great service
plus subscription price is really cheap and
get less ads which I am all for.