[mythtv-users] OT: Homerun Prime

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Feb 2 21:31:26 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gary Buhrmaster" <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>

> I believe there is a (non-Prime) "TECH" model that does multicast for
> business use(*), and I would expect a Prime equivalent should exist
> (I know there is a company reselling the CETON cards/silicon for
> such a business use).

I'll look into that.

> In all cases, as I understand it, you need to get special licenses
> to be (legally) rebroadcasting such stuff for a business (just like
> all the sports bars have to pay to show the various events).
> I have no idea how you arrange such licensing, but I would bet
> your cable provider knows a consulting firm/contractor that
> knows the ropes (the same ones that do it for the hotels,
> the hospitals, the bars, etc.)

A Verizon FiOS Business TV Sales rep told me that once they hand me the drop,
they don't care how many TVs I connect to it, as long as they're all a)
on the premises and b) not available to the commercial public.  I assume
they don't care whether I use multicast or coax to connect them.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra