[mythtv-users] Best ext4 mounting options for media/recordings drive?

Petteri pjokinen at lavabit.com
Thu Feb 2 21:24:05 UTC 2012

31.01.2012 16:58, Tom Bongiorno kirjoitti:
> I currently have one OS/database drive and one media/recordings drive
> running Mythbuntu 11.10.
>
> I am currently using the following mounting options on my media drive:
> defaults,noatime
>
> I have seen this recommended, but I fear some may be unsafe:
> noatime,journal_async_commit,data=writeback,barrier=0,nobh,commit=60,errors=remount-ro
>
> Do anyone have a better set of options or comments on these two sets?
>
> -Tom

Hi,

journal_async_commit should be safe and it also improves performance.
errors=remount-ro is the default so it is unnecessary.
data=writeback,barrier=0,nobh,commit=60 are very unsafe options (but
with them the filesystem flies... ;)).

FWIW, I'm using just defaults,noatime because performace is good enough
anyway.

Petteri