[mythtv-users] .26 rpms for Centos 6.3

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Sat Dec 29 17:02:24 UTC 2012

On 29 Dec 2012, at 15:42, Kenni Lund <kenni at kelu.dk> wrote:

> 2012/12/29 Jeff Siddall <news at siddall.name>:

>>> Yes, I confirmed that worked for me as well but that's not much of a fix
>>> :)
>>>
>>> I even tried building a newer QT for EL 6 (4.6.4 vs. 4.6.2 provided by
>>> CentOS) hoping that the bug was fixed upstream but no, it wasn't...
>>>
>>> I'm still curious that it was reported that Scientific Linux didn't
>>> have this issue... But they have the same version of QT as RHEL and
>>> CentOS...
>>

>> Yup, I am running SL and can confirm it has the same issues.
>
> Just to make it clear: It's not *all* SL 6 installations which are
> affected by this issue. I've been running my backend on SL 6.x since
> SL 6.0 and I've never seen this issue. That means I've been running
> the following MythTV branches: 0.24-fixes -> pre0.25 -> 0.25-fixes ->
> pre0.26 and now 0.26-fixes on SL 6.0 -> 6.1 -> 6.2 -> 6.3.

I had the same issue last year when I set up my Centos 6.2 system, It's only a problem if you install the GUI - I'm not sure exactly which packages cause the breakage, my backend is running happily on a bare minimum Centos 6.3 System, and the frontend runs happily on a separate Centos 6.3 system.

I'll post the installed package list for each system if it helps.

Regards
  Russell