[mythtv-users] Mythmusic won't delete

John Morris jmorris at beau.org
Mon Dec 10 20:33:58 UTC 2012

Having a couple of problems with Mythmusic.  Both seem to stem from the
same root.

Had some tracks get in without tags.  So I ran easytag and fired off the
new music function.  It imported the new album and track info but there
is still an entry with just the raw filename in the tracklist.  The
song's rating is still on the entry for the raw filename and the new
entry is unrated.

Also, found a couple of dups where the same song appears on more than
one album.  So I removed one of them and ran new music.  The oe I
removed is now just showing as a raw filename.  Better, when the player
gets to it playback stops with an error message saying it can't read the
file.

So if add music doesn't also remove things, is there a way?  I did try
Googling this question but just found old instances of other people
asking similar things.

If I wrote a script that walked the music_songs table and looked for
dups on the filename field or for instances where filename doesn't
exist, would simply deleting the row (lowest id in the case of dups)
cause problems elsewhere?  Or do I need to walk through every other
table looking for references?  If I was really on a roll I could look
for rating, plays, last play, etc. on rows about to be removed and
migrate that info to the new row.

Done some perl scripts against postgresql, guess it is about time to get
my hands dirty with mysql.