[mythtv-users] mythweb not deleting recordings?

Paul Stillwell bigboi at wackywombats.com
Sat Dec 29 05:48:07 UTC 2012

On Dec 28, 2012, at 8:04 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2012 1:43 PM, "Paul Stillwell" <bigboi at wackywombats.com> wrote:

> > > the first number is MythTV's internal chanid
> > >
> > > see ChannelUtil::CreateChanID(uint, const QString&)
> > > at http://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/tree/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channelutil.cpp#n1490
> > >
> > > it tries "source id * 1000 + major * 10 + minor"
> > > then "source id * 1000 + channel number"
> > > then "highest channel number of the source +1"
> > > then "highest channel number of all sources +1"
> > >
> > > for DVB recorders where the default channel number is the 16 bit
> > > service_id you usually end up with service_id + source_id*1000, like
> > > chanid 12000 for source_id 2 and service_id 10000...
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Karl
> > >

> > Upon further reflection, I'm not sure any recordings are getting deleted. I saw some files that I *think* corresponded to a certain show, I deleted that show from within mythfrontend and looked and the files are still there. Maybe I'm mistaken and those files are for some different show. Any thoughts on how I can verify that files are getting deleted? After deleting the show from within mythfrontend and seeing that the files are still there, I ran 'find_orphans.py' and it didn't find anything, so maybe things are getting deleted and I'm just confused.
>
> Look in your deleted recordings group.
>

> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Paul

I did some poking around tonight and I can't find any deleted recordings group. I ran mythtv-setup and looked in the Storage groups section and I didn't see anything in there about a deleted recordings group (there wasn't anything pre-defined like there is for Live TV et al). I could have created one, but I would guess that anything that has some built in functionality would have a pre-defined group for it. I also poked around in the fronted setup stuff and couldn't find anything there either. Is the deleted recordings group something that came about in 0.26? I'm running 0.25.3.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

Paul