[mythtv-users] Remove a Storage Group

Robert Dege livemotion at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 20:57:36 UTC 2012

Mike,

I currently have two HDDs in my system.  One is mounted as /myth is
partitioned to hold photos, music, movies, fanart, livetv, and recording
shows (/myth/shows1).  The other disk is partitioned for the OS, and
recording shows (/myth/shows2).  Both directories (/myth/shows1,
/myth/shows2) are listed in the Default Storage Group.

When watching certain shows that are actively recording, I experience a 1
sec pause, every 5-7 seconds.  It was determined that this was caused by
using the OS disk for recording shows (something about the amount of IO
generated by Mysql).  I do not experience this pausing problem when
watching livetv, since livetv is stored on the other disk.

So, my plan is to install a 3rd HDD into the system, add that to the
Default Storage Group (/myth/shows3), and remove the OS disk (/myth/shows2).

I want to know if removing /myth/shows2 from the Default Storage Group will
prevent me from watching any previously recorded shows that currently
reside within the /myth/shows2 directory.

-Rob