[mythtv-users] MythTV Android Frontend issue

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:15:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Bob Cottingham <bobnvic at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What version of MythTV are you guys running and about how many recordings
>> do you have?
>>

> MythTV version: .25.3+fixes.20121202.57baf5b-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3
> Too many recordings: 4528
>
> My actual number of recordings might be inaccurate, but only one show has
> a zero filesize according to the database.
> $ mythshows
> $ wc -l mythshowslist
> 4528 mythshowslist
>
> I would like to get more Android devices for the family, but for now we
> just have the Nexus 7.   Since installing the app a few weeks ago, I can't
> get the list of recordings to display.
>
> One of the reasons why I really want to get this working is my father can
> use bluetooth to output the sound to his hearing aids.
>

> Chuck

Can someone try this out with a large number of recordings on a .26 backend?

I believe the issue stems around streaming the data from the mythtv
services api and the large amount of data is too much for the processor to
handle.  However, with .26, we are requesting a compressed version of the
data in gzip format.  In that case, i has to download the whole file first
before it can be uncompressed and then processed.  Previously, we were
downloading the data as  json file and storing it on the filesystem and
then parsing it on the fly, which I imagine for those of you with large
recording collections was slow.

Thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>