[mythtv-users] Hamrony remote & Knoppmyth profile

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 02:45:45 UTC 2012

On 5 December 2012 10:04, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> Heh. Harmony 600 (+650) are totally programmable* and can send almost any
> codes you can manage to get into the system.
>
> That is the biggest problem with such remotes - they depend on users
> uploading (learned) codes to the website for others to use.
>
> So far I haven't found any option which allows me to use alpha keyboard
> codes, which IMHO would be the best selection to use with mythtv.
>
> They allow you to control up to five different devices and can manage the
> switching between them, termed "activities".

I don't think I'm using alpha keyboard codes, but then I'd never know
because this whole area is such an arcane minefield! But anyway, what I do
know is that I'm using activities that I defined with the Logitech
software. And there are buttons on the remote such as "Watch TV" and "Watch
A Movie". I have "Watch A Movie" set to go to HDMI input, set the remote to
send IR signals for MythTV and control volume with TV.