[mythtv-users] Hamrony remote & Knoppmyth profile

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Dec 4 23:04:59 UTC 2012

On 04/12/12 22:10, Igor Cicimov wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Phill, would you be so kind and attach your lircrc file here once you
>>> get working setup? Or even better if the file is different from the one at
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup#Setup_MythTV_.2F_Xine_.2F_MPlayer_to_recognize_LIRC_.2F_remote_commandsmaybe updating the wiki with the relevant information?
>>>

>> Hi Igor, I've attached my lircrc (though seem to remember the mailing list
>> sometimes strips attachments so hope it gets through intact).
>>
>> Thanks got the file fine.
>

>> It's different to the one in the wiki, but that's because the codes in my
>> lircd.conf are different and I don't think it would be appropriate to
>> change the wiki as everybody probably has different codes if they've used
>> irrecord to create the lircd.conf.
>>
>> Yeah I know what you mean. I thought since every Harmony 600 remote always
> sends the same hex codes (of course the key name mappings might be
> different depending on personal preferences) creating separate Harmony 600
> section with the lircd.conf, hardware.conf and lircrc would be useful.
> Assuming people don't change the default button names/actions in the
> Logitech tool this should work out of the box after installing the files.
> Except if I'm awfully wrong about "every Harmony 600 remote always sends
> the same hex codes" in which case this doesn't make any sense at all...

Heh. Harmony 600 (+650) are totally programmable* and can send almost any codes
you can manage to get into the system.

That is the biggest problem with such remotes - they depend on users uploading
(learned) codes to the website for others to use.

So far I haven't found any option which allows me to use alpha keyboard codes,
which IMHO would be the best selection to use with mythtv.

They allow you to control up to five different devices and can manage the
switching between them, termed "activities".

--

Mike Perkins