[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Pieter De Wit pieter at insync.za.net
Wed Aug 22 21:02:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 08/22/2012 04:40 PM, Pieter De Wit wrote:
>>
>> Oh - now I remember why we don't "just record everything" - Mike, take a
>> single tuner and setup two shows to record back-to-back, then, on another
>> channel, record another show at the same time....see what Myth does (using
>> 0.26 or any 0.25)
>>
>> Your (and other's) method would only work once that is fixed.
>
> I'll need a better hint at what you're saying doesn't work.  Recording
> everything I might possibly want to watch works for me--which is why I have
> nearly 3 months of recorded TV (more than I will ever watch).
>
> And, FWIW, my "method" is, if you care enough to watch a show, tell MythTV
> you care to watch the show and it will take care of recording it for you.
>
> Mike

Sure - no problem - I forgot to mention that these channels are on the
same multiplex.

I can grab you some logs if you prefer, but mine might be more complex as
I have dual tuners.

In a nutshell, a menu pop up asking what you want to do, then bails to
the main menu - I have lost many-a-live recording this way. This wasn't
the case in 0.24, Myth would "just do it's job and record the show".

The tuner selection has also gotten itself confused, which basically
means, if you watching liveTV and wanting the record a show on another
channel (same multiplex) the same menu pops up.

I will log a bug once I have the time.