[mythtv-users] Live TV playback frustration

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 22 20:47:17 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 04:40 PM, Pieter De Wit wrote:

> Oh - now I remember why we don't "just record everything" - Mike, take
> a single tuner and setup two shows to record back-to-back, then, on
> another channel, record another show at the same time....see what Myth
> does (using 0.26 or any 0.25)
>
> Your (and other's) method would only work once that is fixed.

I'll need a better hint at what you're saying doesn't work.  Recording
everything I might possibly want to watch works for me--which is why I
have nearly 3 months of recorded TV (more than I will ever watch).

And, FWIW, my "method" is, if you care enough to watch a show, tell
MythTV you care to watch the show and it will take care of recording it
for you.

Mike